Difficulty: Easy • Makes: 10
Ingredients1.5kg boneless pork shoulder
600 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sweet Spanish smoked paprika
1 whole birds eye chillies
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1 cup parsley
1 tsp salt flakes
1 tsp freshly milled black pepper
1 cup shredded white cabbage
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1 golden delicious apple (shredded)
1 carrot (peeled and grated)
1/2 cup continental parsley (shredded)
1/2 cup kewpie mayonnaise
10 dinner rolls or small brioche buns
- Combine in a blender the olive oil, paprika, chillies, lemon zest, juice, parsley and seasoning. Place the pork onto a roasting tray and rub the marinade all over the meat.
- Pre-set the oven to 230°C and when it reached that temperature, place the pork in the centre of the oven. Turn down the temperature to 150°C and allow to cook for one hour, basting several times.
- Cover with aluminium foil and continue cooking for three more hours (basting every half hour) or until the meat can be pulled apart with two spoons. Remove and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Combine together the cabbages, apple, carrot and parsley. Fold in a little mayonnaise and set aside.
- Lightly toast the cut buns, top each with a little mayonnaise, the slaw and the pulled pork.